Saturday, May 15, 2010

Beginning

I tiptoe around the casualty of your violence;
pray not wake the beast - pray let love live,
let sleep heal forebodings of yester-year.

Silence sows itself into a wild bed,
and I witness your chest rise and the fall of seasons,
head nod through a fantasy and come full circle

to a new world where eyelids part in ancient sadness
wearing the wounds of tiresome dreams.
I slink back to the selvage of wood connecting

two worlds to watch the huntress wake - give space,
and solitude to healing rain and look up
to see the pallet change. The dew glows around this shapen

figure and I am taut at means for an escape lest
I become new prey, fresh and meaty. The wind gusts around me
and her body stiffens to the scent - I take leave

to let love live, and let happenings heal
the heaviness of new footfalls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment